Tuesday, October 31, 2017

PP368 Blended Leaves For Fall




I just happen to sit down a few nights ago and stamped several 
images I want to color with the new Stampin' Blends markers.
I stamped these leaves from Color Seasons in Memento Tuxedo Black and
colored the first in Cherry Cobbler, the second in Pumpkin Pie,
and the third in Old Olive.  I took the color lifter to the middle of each leaf
to lighten the center.
I was not sure what I would do with them or if I would use together.
Then I saw this challenge and it was a perfect fit!
I went diagonal with Fall, Dies, Gold.
I used the sentiment from Merry Cafe stamped in Pumpkin Pie 
and layered on a banner of gold foil.
 I added a gold metallic enamel shape for some more bling.
I wanted a background for the leaves but I did not want to water color, 
and I thought the burlap background would be heavy and I wanted some color
to it so not just emboss the paper.
I grabbed my gold Encore ink pad and a baby wipe and 
dabbed the in on the white paper lightly. 
It did make a cool effect. 
 Maybe what the wind looks like when blowing...that might be a sketch!

Hope you can play along this week over at 
thepaperplayers.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: Colorful Seasons and Merry Cafe
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Memento Tuxedo Black,
Old Olive, Encore gold metallic ink-non SU!
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, gold foil
Seasonal Layers thinlits dies, Metallic enamel shapes in gold,
banner punch-retired, color lifter-Stampin' Blends




4 comments:

  1. Oh Windy, it's hard to beat these beautiful leaves! They never disappoint and they look great colouring with the Stampin' Blends. Your card is stylish and elegant, yet fun. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautifully colored leaves... Clean, simple, and perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Windy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These leaves are gorgeous! I haven't gotten any of these markers yet but after seeing how pretty this is, I might change my mind! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous fall creation with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love how you used the new blends.

    ReplyDelete