Thursday, August 24, 2017

GDP101 Fab Flamingo





I sat for a very long time with this color challenge...staring 
at all my floral sets for some reason.  Then it hit me to 
grab my Fabulous Flamingo set!  Glad I did!
I started with the flamingo where I stamped full on the whole body
 and stamped off once for the feathers.  I started to layer the detail stamp over in navy,
but then decided I liked this look. The Bermuda Bay is great for the water 
but what to do with the Night of Navy? 
I then thought about the birds from High Tide set which look good in a dark color.
I stamped them up and added the thanks sentiment from the flamingo set.
I did all this without thinking of a layout. 
Then I remembered a card I had seen this morning 
that used this scallop die from Seasonal Layers thinlits dies.
I then used it with some Flirty Flamingo card stock and layered it all on 
a Bermuda Bay base.
I finished it off with a few rhinestones on the water.

Hope you can play with this color combo challenge over at
global-design-project.com this week.

 Thanks for stopping by!
Have a fab day!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: Fabulous Flamingo, High Tide
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo
Seasonal Layers thinlits dies, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment