Friday, October 24, 2014

PP218 Merry Christmas



I decided to hit the gold again today!  This time using a wonderful idea by fellow Pal, Amy Whelan at amysinklings.com

First, I used the pine cone stamp from Ornamental Pine.  I punched a 1 1/4" circle from a piece of post note so it would hold in place to make a center for my wreath.  I stamped the cone in Old Olive five times around leaving a little space between each.  I then came back around stamp this time in Encore gold ink. I lifted my circle off for a finished wreath. I added the 1/8" gold ribbon and then stamped in the same gold my sentiment and finished it off with some brushed gold card stock. I like how the gold here is not real shiny and but look festive. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed Friday!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp set: More Merry Messages (vintage) and Ornamental Pine
Paper: Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Ink: Encore Gold, Old Olive
1/8" gold ribbon, 1 1/4" circle punch, post note

2 comments:

  1. An absolutely stunning card, Windy! Very unique and creative! This is a perfect holiday card!!! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative to use the pine cones to make your wreath1 I LOVE it! The colors of your card are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete