Friday, October 3, 2014

FMS156 Merry Trees!




Great sketch this week from Narelle at Freshly Made Sketches!
I knew I would do a Christmas card and thought of the trees as soon as I saw the sketch.
I picked a sheet of DSP from the Trim the Tree DSP stack, which gave me my colors. I really like this tree from the Festival of Trees set because I like adding the dots in to it!
The hard part was the circle to the side.  I really did not have any sentiment I wanted to use there that would give the right shape. I finally looked through my buttons and had this retired Naturals button left and added it since it fit the colors perfectly!  Then I knew where and what sentiment I wanted to add on the card!
Have a wonderful Friday and Happy 1st weekend of October!
Thanks for stopping by!
Windy
windyellard.stampinup.net

Stamp sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Festival of Trees
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Whisper White, Trim The Tree DSP paper stack
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Garden Green
Natural designer button(vintage), Circle framelits dies, Tree punch, Cherry Cobbler twine



2 comments:

  1. Love this Windy! Beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card Windy! Love those traditional colours! Those trees are so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete