Thursday, August 8, 2013

PPA167 

Color Challenge

Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding
I thought  about a card Pam Morgan showed us on stage at convention last month using the Gorgeous Grunge set and this butterfly die and thought it would be lovely in these colors!  I embossed in clear the "skid marks" from the set on the base of the card.  I used the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die to cut the butterfly in white.  The middle part was a challenge for me since I did not want to use anything too thick like the clear facet buttons since I will mail this card out to my mom this week.  I then saw I had some In Color DSP scraps lying there in Cantaloupe so punched out 5 of them with the 7/8" scallop circle punch, crumbled them up, glued together and formed a flower.  Real easy!!! Then just added my simple hello at the bottom from A Dozen Thoughts set.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by today!
Windy

Stamp sets: Gorgeous Grunge and A Dozen Thoughts
Paper: Coastal Cabana and Whisper White card stock and 2013-2015 In Color DSP
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding, VersaMark
Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, 7/8" scallop circle punch, clear emboss powder


   

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Windy! I love the butterfly and his flower, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, another Gorgeous Grunge enthusiast I see. Great use on the butterfly Windy! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gorgeous grunge, too! Very pretty card. Perfectly embellished butterfly.

    ReplyDelete